Stone United Methodist Church - A/V Systems Technician
- Pay rate: $17/hr.
- 5-8 hours per week, including 8:15 AM – 10:30 AM Sundays
- Opportunities for additional hours
Stone UMC broadcasts its weekly Sunday church services, live, via webstream, to the local cable TV system, YouTube, Facebook, and the church’s website. Our sanctuary has four large video monitors where content is simultaneously displayed. We have a modern two-camera PTZ Optics NDI PTZ camera system that is remotely controlled from a computer in our A/V booth. A second computer is used to manage and display text and graphical overlays.
- Work with Pastor, Children, Youth and Families Director, Music Director, and Office Administrator to obtain information necessary to generate text overlays and graphic slides for Sunday church services each week, including but not limited to: general announcement slides, hymn lyrics, prayers, and titles.
- Work with Pastor, Children, Youth and Families Director, Music Director, and Office Administrator on special A/V needs such as playback of pre-recorded videos, graphics, or other multimedia.
- Coordinate volunteer audio system operator schedule.
- Coordinate with audio system operator and Music Director to ensure seamless production quality.
- Operate two-camera NDI PTZ camera system using vMix software
- Operate text/graphic overlays using ProPresenter software.
- Troubleshoot issues related to audio, web streaming, and vMix and ProPresenter software.
- Participate in quarterly Stone UMC Communications/Technology Committee meetings
- Must be available Sunday mornings. There may be opportunities for other special video productions at other times as well.
- Must have knowledge of video production techniques (we can train you on our specific software).
- Must be willing to learn new techniques and stay current with software updates.
- Must have or be willing to obtain FBI and PA child abuse clearances